Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ending of the First Term

Universities here is quite different from those in China - I feel so busy during this time, and always hoping the weekend will come soon. But, I learned quite alot of things through this kind of studying style.
The term is already over now, and I got quite a good result - 2 As and one left unknown -probably also A I think. Now is the time to make a plan for my spring holidays. I think I should read some papers in my research field, and some books on compilers and mathematic foundations.
Also, I've already selected two courses for the next semester - one is Compiler Construction and Theory, the other is Modern Algebra, recommended by my advisor. Both courses are very challenging for me - the first one is titled as the most difficult course offered by my advisor, the other is also a difficult course, even for those mathematic majors! Thus, I decided to find a much easier one to fill the last slot, otherwise I will be so tired and hardly have any energy to do anything else.
The snow here is so thick now. I wish I have a camera to record this...

No comments: